Friday, November 18, 2011

Hand Print Gifts

Today I finished making a Christmas gift for my children. Last month I had the opportunity to secretly snatch hand prints of my grandchildren. All four grandchildren were over I set up some finger paints and while they were busy painting I got hand prints from each child.

I cut out the hand prints and labeled the backs so no mismatched prints were made.
I printed out Names and the date of the prints for each child. I then printed out a hand print poem. You can find many different versions on line.


I had to test and fit everything before applying the mod podge.

I did get more wrinkles than I wanted. As I was smoothing the paper wanted to tear. I decided to just smooth the  best I could and leave them at that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is another fabtastic idea Grandma Bonnie:))

Amy said...

Oh Bonnie what a special gift. Your kids are going to LOVE this. I would probably need a box of tissues if my Mom did this for me. What a great Grandma and Momma you are <3

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

That is a cute idea. The plates will be something they will cherish for a long time. Thanks for visiting my blog.-----
Shannon

Melanie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Great site!

Melanie
Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Pradeepa said...

Wow, this is such a wonderful idea. This will make such a special gift. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Mrs. Liberty said...

Very cute!

Mrs. Liberty said...

Cute!

Unknown said...

What a cute idea; my kiddo just loves making hand finger-painting. Great idea for a gift; thanks for sharing.