Saturday, September 17, 2011

Animal Fun

For our first animal lesson we sorted our toy animal figures into groups of small and large. While sorting we named our animal figures and practiced the sounds the animals make.   Later on in the day we played with our animal magnet set and talked about what color the animals were. This evening we are reading a new book about penguins.
This is a simple lesson that can be expanded for older preschoolers. We can also separate the animals into groups of zoo/jungle animals and farm animals. Since Pooh Bear is not two years old yet I felt we should slowly introduce the idea of other ways to classify animals. We will work on more classification later this week.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Life With Two Boys.. I'm following back :)
I'd love for you to sign up to participate in the Under the Tree giveaway event happening Nov 8-14
http://life-with-two-boys.blogspot.com/2011/09/under-tree-giveaway-event-sign-up.html

Amber said...

Thanks for the follow. I'm following you back from the Sunday blog hop.

Working Mommy said...

what a cute idea!! my little lulu isn't quite ready for preschool yet - by age, not intelligence - so she would probably love this activity!

following back from the hop!

wm

Anonymous said...

Kids love animals and teching them thisway is fun for all of us;)

Jess said...

I'm always surprised at what my little ones can do that I just don't expect. The animal magnets are such a cool idea.

Thanks for stopping by, I'm following back.

Jess
Quinsmomma.blogspot.com

Amy said...

LOVING your new blog, so many great things I can borrow from you in a few months ;D

Siamapieceofcake said...

This is a really cool idea!

Mrs. Liberty said...

What a great idea!