Thursday, September 15, 2011

Preschool Lesson: Learning Animal Names

This week we will continue learning to identify colors.We will also be learing to identify animal names and sounds that they make. Pooh Bear already can name several animals and identify the animal with the sounds they make. I will add a few animals that he has not already learned and hopefully find some fun games to make this lesson enjoyable.

1. Refrigerator animal magnets. We purchased animal magnets from Melissa Doug.  Each time we are making a meal we ask Pooh Bear to show me the (animal name). Pooh Bear moves the animals as he identifies  each animal. We also ask what sound does the (animal name) make? As we move along we will add more animals to the set. 

2. I am looking for some fun animal crafts to work on this week.

3. We will be reading our animal books and playing with some toy farm animal figures.

4.We will use coloring pages from: http://www.first-school.ws/theme/animals/cp_farm.htm

5. We have planed a fun surprise outing to a animal petting farm.

6. We are adding the colors: green, violet, and orange to or color games from last week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are following you Grandma.I have to say my 2 year old scares me sometimes.She can say the whole alphabet and count till 10!
But playing we do a lot:) And taht is all around learning.Appreciate your help on taht path:)

Mrs. Liberty said...

I can't wait to see what fun animal crafts you make.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Happily following you right back :) Btw, I'm admiring all your creative and informative posts here so may I invite you to share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Party starts at 5 pm, every Sunday, PST.